Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural compound found in cannabis plants. Unlike THC, it does not produce psychoactive effects after consumption, meaning you won’t feel stoned at all. CBD oil can alleviate symptoms of physical and mental illnesses alike. You will want to learn some of the benefits and uses of this holistic, plant-based supplement before indulging. We guarantee you’ll be impressed with all of its remedies.
1. Say Yes to Less Stress
CBD oil is renowned for its ability to reduce anxiety, depression, and everyday stressors. These common mental health conditions can negatively impact your health and general wellbeing.
Most often, doctors will prescribe medications for these ailments. Some pharmaceutical medications, such as benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonipin, Valium) are physically addicting and can lead to abuse. Conversely, CBD oil can regulate mood without a boatload of major risks and side-effects.
2. Pain Relief
CBD attaches to certain receptors in the brain that are associated with reduced pain levels. According to studies, CBD oil minimizes the side-effects of chemotherapy in cancer patients. Imagine that?
Also, the anti-inflammatory properties of this supplement can decrease soreness after intense exercise. CBD is known for helping symptoms of arthritis, chronic pain, muscular pain, MS pain, and injuries to the spinal cord.
3. Bake a Batch of CBD-Infused Brownies
CBD oil is generally taken orally or sublingually. This doesn’t mean you can’t mix up the route of administration for your enjoyment. If you love to bake and find brownies to be delectable, this recipe may pique your interest. Baking with CBD is just one of its many uses.
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup (plus 1 tbsp extra) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 8 Marshmallows (cut into quarters)
- 1/3 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 15-20 Drops of CBD Oil
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Microwave butter into a liquid and mix with sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the egg, egg whites, and CBD oil until the consistency is glossy and smooth.
- Take the combination of dry ingredients and mix them with your wet mixture in a large bowl for three minutes.
- Pour evenly into your baking pan, and sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. You can insert a toothpick to ensure they’re good and ready.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
4. Improved Sleep
Are you infamous for your middle of the night wake-ups? Or do you struggle to fall asleep once your head hits the pillow at bedtime? CBD oil promotes healthy cycling through all of the stages of sleep, as well as more hours of consistent sleep.
When we wake up in the middle of the night, even if only for two minutes, it interrupts us from spending the proper amount of time in each sleep stage. This can cause drowsiness upon waking and throughout the course of your day. CBD can help you get a good night’s rest.
5. Managing PTSD
If you endured trauma in your lifetime, you may suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD.) People with this mental illness often have nightmares, flashbacks, and haunting memories of the traumatic incident (or incidents) that took place.
CBD combined with therapy will help lessen the number of episodes you experience. Also, CBD significantly decreases the intensity of each episode. Using CBD oil during a flashback or after a nightmare can help make the associated anxiety more manageable.
CBD is a miracle supplement. The number of benefits is endless. The best way to find out if it’s a good choice for your health is by giving it a try. Always consult with your doctor first; you’ll want to make sure there aren’t any negative interactions between your prescribed medications and CBD oil.